Electrician died of Electrocution while working on a microwave

An electrician who was fatally electrocuted, died while working on a microwave at Marks & Spencer in Tunbridge Wells. Philip Dodd was an experience electrician from Horley who was working on the appliance while it’s plugged in to the electricity.

In an article written by Amy De-Keyzer, on Get Surrey, Jane Kitchenham, a customer assistant said that she knew something terrible had happened and attempted to switch off all plugs she could but Mr. Dodd was pronounced dead at the scene.

If the electrician has followed the training procedures when working with theses appliances, disconnect from main supply, discharge and open the doors, he should have been safe.

Safety should always be first in an electrician’s work.

Read full report.

© 2012 ELECTRICIAN TRAINING – Powered Electrician. All rights reserved.