Manheim home was destroyed when power lines sparked a fire

A home was destroyed by fire when a utility pole downed power lines ignited in Manheim Friday morning.

Manheim, Fire Company Deputy Chief Daniel Wagner said that the small utility pole fell and power lines sparked the fire. According to Wagner, the pole didn’t seem to be hit by a lighting but was reportedly rotted out.

In a report written by Ryan Robinson on Lancaster Online, When the firefighter arrived at the area, fire was visible out of front windows and everywhere, but firefighters were able to contain the fire in about 10 minutes.

Full article here.

© 2012 ELECTRICIAN TRAINING – Powered Electrician. All rights reserved.